Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Boogie Down!!!

It is yet another snow day around here. Carter had the flu last week during the and missed the only day that they were in school. That was pretty miserable. He had a reoccuring fever from Saturday until Thursday. Friday we took him into his pediatrition to check out his cough that wasn't getting better. They warned us that asthmatics who get flu type B can get pneumonia pretty easily. It wasn't pneumonia (Praise God) it was just really bad asthma. New inhaler and continued breathing treatments every 4 hrs. The Dr. also found an ear infection so now Carter has to take this NASTY medicine on top of hacking up a lung!!! We've started "flavoring" it with chocolate syrup to make the nastiness go down a bit easier...lets just say that it's not really easier, just mind over matter!!!
Anyway, we were all prepared to send Carter to school on Monday and sure enough, I woke up at a quarter till six, went to check on him and cover him up and he said, "Don't touch me!" and threw up all over the bed...more nastiness!!! He didn't have a fever but we still couldn't send him to school. Graciously, Travis stayed home this time and I got to go to work!!! Carter was fine. I think it must have been the leftover spaghetti that he had the day before. It shouldn't have been spoiled but it must have been. He even went to gymnastics that night and the only problem was coughing from asthma.
Well, Carter's first day back to school was yesterday. We forgot his 100th day of school project that he had worked on the previous week...luckily, Travis could leave for lunch and bring it to school.
Now...we're home again because of snow. I'm okay with it. This cold weather has not been working too well with my body so it's good to be able to be in bed. I'm hurting all over most of the time and my pain management Dr. has me on the minimum pain meds. I've been barely able to walk the past 2 days after work. Yesterday was better than Monday though. You can tell when you're dealing with someone who doesn't have chronic pain. They must not want me to actually function in life. I received 2 injections, (one in my back, one in my hip) over Thanksgiving break. Those still feel okay, not as good as they used to but just okay. Now on Monday, I'm getting an injection in my knee to hopefully make it feel better. Please pray that it works. Injections are pretty painful to get, but worth it if they work!!!
Anyway, nothing makes me smile like my little man. This morning he entertained me by dancing!!! We ordered "Alpha and Omega" from the TV (we're watching it again as we speak), it really is a cute movie. There is a sceen where the boy and girl wolves 'howl' together and Carter absolutely LOVES that part. We have to keep rewinding it and he dances and sings every time!!! It's SO cute!!! Here's a video of Carter dancing and singing!!!

2 comments:

  1. ROFL!!!! Watch out now!!! I think I saw a few Michael Jackson moves in there!!!! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so hilarious how do you keep quiet??? I love it!

    ReplyDelete