Friday, June 26, 2009

The OKC Zoo...

Carter's Ancy Gramma and Aunt Callie (Travis' mom and sis) asked us to go to the OKC Zoo so went for the first time in a long time...needless to say it was HOT...but we had a good time!


The Swan Boats!!! So Carter's main thing he wanted to do at the zoo was to ride in the swan paddle boats. Travis bought a ticket for Carter and himself, and Nancy got a ticket for her and Callie. There was no way I was going to be able to get in and out of them let alone help paddle so I was more than happy sitting on the sidelines taking pics. When the time came for Carter to get on...he decided he wanted to go with his Ancy Gramma and Aunt Callie. That left Travis by himself and he wasn't going to waste the $6 it cost to ride them so...trooper that he is...he went by himself. There were several pictures of him that just cracked me up but I figured he wouldn't be too excited if I put them all on there. He was mighty tired after doing it all by himself!!!


We got to see the sea lions perform for us. I got more excitement seeing Carter's reaction to watching his first live animal show. He was soooo serious!!!

Here are some other pics I like. I love the way he is holding on to his Daddy and what a sweet moment that was.
Next to the Dinosaur exhibit was a bouncy thing. We were hot and tired by then but Cart sure had a blast using his newly learned punches on the pillars inside! I've never seen one that had those things on the inside before. It was pretty neat!



2 comments: