Monday, January 12, 2009

Not much to write...

This was going to be the pic I put in Christmas cards this
year...I didn't get those done if you haven't guessed!!!

Okay, I thought this might happen. I figured that once I started my blog, I wouldn't have anything to write about. It's been a few days since my last post so I figured I'd better come up with something.

I just read Trisha's blog (my cousin) and just felt compassion. Dealing with a sick baby (they are all still babies to me, even when Carter says, "I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy!")...is the worst. If you're reading, Trisha, I hope that asthma is the answer...it's so hard to not know. Carter's asthma is now pretty much under control. For those of you who don't know, Carter was diagnosed with asthma in November. He'd had a cough for about 8wks. We took him to the pediatrician and he thought it might be allergies so we started giving him medicine for his allergies but his cough stayed. Then I took him to his 4yr old well-baby visit and the Doc said that it was asthma. We now have two inhalers, a fast acting and a not so fast acting. I did have to give him the fast acting once in the morning and again in the evening and then the other inhaler every four hours. This was so frustrating and time consuming. Thank goodness he goes to the same school as me! Now that it's under control, I give just give the slow acting one in the mornings and at lunch (before he goes out to recess) and usually that's all I have to do. There have been a few times when I have to give it to him during the night or in the afternoon or something. I just know to give it to him when he coughs a lot. It's so funny...I NEVER associated asthma with a cough, only with weezing. But Carter's is more of a coughing thing. That's why asthma never entered our minds. It was quite a shock. Neither one of us has it either. It's just strange. When I watched Embry's videos and heard him cough, I just thought about Carter. That's what he sounds like too...not as bad mind you...poor boy, he's so precious!!! I just can't believe with all he's been through, the smiles he still has on his face!!! It was the most adorable thing to hear him laugh at GG at the shower!!! That was the best laugh ever!!! I guess I should be writing this in your comments section but then I wouldn't have anything to write about myself!!! :-)

Anyway, enough about that. Carter is just full of surprises these days. We were trying to get out of the car today after school and he had to use the bathroom badly. I was taking too long to get out of the car I guess and he called me a 'crazy woman'. Now, I'm sure that he got this from his dad and was saying it with all the love in the world...maybe...then, he comes out with 'your name should've been crazy woman'...(sigh)...what to do??? I couldn't help but laugh! Things just come out of his mouth and I have no clue where he got them. Probably from me or Travis or the kids at school, I'm not sure. I DO know however, that when I started to speed up in the car to get around someone and he yelled, "Watch out for the Po Po!", that he got that from his Aunt Jaime...Thanks for that one, Jame. He tells me all the time that the police are going to 'pull me up' if I go too fast. I guess we've also told him a time or two to 'knock it off' because he I heard him the other day saying, 'knock it out' to something on TV and knew what he meant. Ahhh the small things that make me smile.

And he thinks I'M the crazy one!!!

Travis starts school tonight! It's his 2nd semester at UCO. He quickly found out last semester that UCO was NOT NOC!!! I just laughed! Definately a BIG difference there! He actually had to study!!! What's up with that? He did very well though and I know that he'll do great this semester too. I'm so proud of him for finally going back to school and sticking to it! I know he's wanted to just say 'forget it' many times but he's doing an awesome job!

So, Jack poops all over the place. I know that's kind of a random sentence but that's what I've noticed about this little guy...I don't have to clean any of it up because that's Travis' job...if you'll remember from my previous post that I wanted an older dog, one that was already potty trained! Maybe that's why I can laugh about it now...I should have made that deal when Carter was pooping everywhere but the potty (including the backyard). It's nice not having to deal with it!!! But, anyway, this dog poops like nothing I've ever seen! He's constantly pooping!!! I had no clue that something that small could do all of that! It's mind boggling!

OOOOHHHH!!! I DO have something to write about. You'll never guess what I did to myself! Yeah, you've probably already guessed that I somehow hurt myself, but let me tell you how. Well, we had Laura's (cousin) baby shower on Saturday in Blackwell and it was cold! Well, mom's van's ramp doesn't work too fast in the cold so, Jaime helped push the door open from the outside before we went so it was my turn to help it along when we got to the shower. I was pushing it from the inside using the handle. I was looking down to see when the door would clear the ramp so the ramp would go out. Yeah, I didn't judge it right and the ramp came out and somehow trapped my arm (about 3 inches above my wrist) in between the ramp and the door. This thing is automatic and Jaime was pushing the button so it didn't stop! I finally yelled for her to stop and thanks to her fast reflexes to get the ramp back inside the van, I didn't break my wrist. But, it was about to snap it in half. As Jaime said, I would have "looked like a hot mess" with a broken wrist and still on crutches. I finally got composed enough to go inside for the shower (it throbbed the whole time) and put some ice on it when we got home. There is barely a bruise but it still hurts pretty bad. I think I may have bruised the bone. So, that's the latest of my misadventures. Hope you all enjoyed a laugh at my expense. Only me! That's all I can say!

Well, I'll leave you for now! There's a couple days of reading above. Carter and I are now going to make brownies. He proudly told his papa that he knew what the secret ingredients were: water, oil and two eggs. He also told papa that you also turn the oven to 3-5-0. Papa asked how he knew this and he matter of factly said, "Because I read the directions." What do you say to that??? Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. this sure is a lot for not having anything to write about. but that is what blogs are supposed to be...just the simple stuff. now i should follow my own advice!

    sorry you hurt yourself. but you're right...only you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie... he gets to come hoem today. He does has rsv and I guess the asthams stuff triggered it.

    I had no idea you were hurting at the shower. I heard someone yelling at someone in the van but I didn't realize someone was hurt!

    Love the crazy woman comment. What a funny kid!

    ReplyDelete