Thursday, January 8, 2009

So...I've finally done it!!!

So...I've finally done it. I now have a blog!!! I've been reading others for awhile now and have been told by a few people that I should do one myself...so...here it goes.

Tomorrow is Friday. My favorite day of the week. Too bad I can't wear jeans on Fridays at the new school that I'm at. It's okay though. I just love Fridays!

I started Physical Therapy (PT) for my hip last week. Now I'm more sore than ever but I can feel it working. I can feel that I'm getting stronger and I am happy for that. I keep pushing myself and hopefully that will make a difference in my recovery speed. I've now been on crutches for 7 months and I don't know how much more I can take!!! Anyway, I'm able to do 10 side and back leg raises with a 1lb weight now. I still can't do any weight on my front raises but I know that I will be able to soon!

Oh, and Carter actually told me what he's learning in school today!!! I ask everyday, "What did you do in school today?", and his usual reply is 'nothing' or 'boring'. Today he volunteered, "We're learning about the number 8" and "It's a circle on the top and a circle on the bottom". I was so impressed! I usually have to pry any sort of info out of him and I still don't get much!

I have to tell you about the new addition to our family. As of 6 days ago, we are now the proud owners of a 7wk old golden retriever puppy. Carter finally decided on the name Jack. He's too cute and it's even better that since Travis wanted a puppy (I wanted an older dog), that he has to get up with him at night. :-) He really is precious though. He fits right in with our family! Lexi tolerates him and the cats won't go near him!

Okay, well I guess that's it for my first blog here. I hope you enjoyed it. I'll try to come up with better things to write later!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Julie,
    I'm glad you're blogging so that we can keep in touch. Carter looks so much older! Glad your having PT maybe that will be the ticket.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to change my google to Aunt Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet puppy!

    looks like someone still likes to wear their costume. hayes does the same thing!

    will you email me your address when you get a chance?

    glad to hear things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie,
    What happened to your hip?
    That's funny to hear about Carter. Collin was the same way. I never could understand why her would never tell me anything or wanted to talk about what he did in school. I'm glad to know that it was not just my child. By the way, he will outgrow it. Collin is very informative now.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete