Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life Happens

You know, I've come to the realization that life happens whether you notice it or not. As you all know from my previous posts, the new puppy is Travis'. That means that I don't have to do much with him but play. I really enjoy watching him run around carrying his food bowl, running into Lexi, chasing after her, etc...it's really cute. I picked him up the other day on a whim...he is still teething so he's not too fun to hold. He doesn't like to be petted on his soft fur, he just likes to bite and his toe nails are sharp!!! Wow, they hurt! It's been almost 10 yrs since we had a puppy so I'd forgotten! He really is too cute and is growing like a weed. We don't really call him Jack, we usually just call him puppy! So, I guess that's the nickname that has stuck for now. Anyway, I thought I'd let you in on how much he's grown since my first post. I'm not sure how long its been, not more than 3 wks or so. Okay, it bothered me to not know exactly how long we've had him...24 days is the answer Oh, and Lexi loves him now. They love to lay together outside and she's even been caught licking him!!! Too cute!
This is Jack when we first got him.

There's no way he would be this calm in Travis' arms now.

Poor Lexi, all she did was growl a little and run away from him when he would bite her! She's such a good dog!
This is after they'd had a couple of weeks to get to know each other.
I know I put this one in my first blog but I had to show you the big difference. He's gonna be a big dog! And yes, Trisha, around here it's either costumes or naked...there's no middle ground for long (except at school thank goodnes) but as soon as we get home, the clothes come off!!!


3 comments: